Everyone has experienced fear in life and that’s normal. I also have my own fear. I fear of heights, deep water, public speaking and do something really new.
However, I learned that if you overcome those fear, it will lead you to something great. Here’s my examples:
- i was scared of public speaking. I remembered that i had only one night to prepare myself for my first speaking in front of crowd (i’ll tell you the story in my next postings). I did my very best for the speeach and it built my confidence for the next speaking engagements.
The biggest public engagement that i did was at Busan Marine Convention with more than 700 audience.
- I publish articles and videos on LinkedIn. Video also once that made me extremely uncomfortable. But after a few videos, I am grateful with the strong supports that i received. Thank you so much my LinkedIn friends.
Below i share quick tips how i overcome my fear;
- Fear is only temporary. Regret may last forever.
If you can ride a bicycle or drive a car, it means you can do other things. I always remind myself, opportunity may only come once. If i dont try now, i might dont get the same opportunity next time or it will be too late.
- Conquer fear with full responsibility and courage
When you take the challenge, accept it with 100% responsibility. This will make you creative enough to find solutions and you will be surprised on how much you’ll be transformed. Just be brave !!
- Pratice, Pratice, Practice
Practice makes perfect. Even Steve Jobs rehearsed on stage for many hours over many weeks prior to the launch of a major product. As a result, the presentation was delivered flawlessly.
This is what works for me and what I have learned.So what works for you? Share your thoughts below